Saturday 1 June 2013

Come on Samsung... 3rd NX300 sent back...

Well, as posted before, one camera with a dodgy screen/sensor, one camera with a dodgy touch screen, and now...

The third kit I went for was with the 45mm 2D/3D lens, and while the camera itself seemed fine, I noticed upon receiving it that there was a small bubble or chip on the inside lens element. I chose to ignore it, but after owning the kit for a mere few weeks, noticed a fair amount of dust specks had built up in the lens.

I expect that over time maybe, but not after a few weeks of mild use. I know dust specks are generally thought to not show in photos, but went looking, and the larger dust specks showed, but the worst offender was the original bubble or chip.

I was able to dislodge the specks of dust for the larger part, but in total, there were 3 blemishes/specks, including the first one I noticed, that would simply not move, and all could be visible in shots in certain conditions.

So back my third kit has gone, as I couldn't send the lens back on it's own.

I returned the 12-24mm at the same time, as I am now in doubt as to whether I can stick with this system. Again.

I know and accept there are bugs with cameras and all electronics, but this kind of reeks of poor quality control.

It's like fate is telling me to pick another system, and I am looking, but the looking has confirmed what I already knew - that despite lacking lengthy zooms, and not enough of the lenses supporting OIS, it's still the best all-round system for me.

Looking at DSLR's... I don't know, but mirrors seem so last century now.

And other mirror-less systems? EOS M  is a dud thus far, Sony's lens line-up doesn't appeal, and I wanted to move beyond the small m43 sensor.

So, try YET ANOTHER NX camera, or figure out what to compromise on elsewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment